Saturday, January 19, 2013

Video of My Old Historic House.

Last spring I was lucky to be featured in a video of my house. It comes from PBS Illinois. They are located in Quincy, Illinois, about 65 miles from my town of Clarksville,Mo. They do a weekly session called, "Illinois Stories." One thing they like to feature are house museums. Where I do not live in Illinois, they broke the rules a little an came and did a story of my house. It is a 30 minute video and now they have given me permission to share it with others. So type this in your search bar and it should pop up. Enjoy. Come for a real tour anytime. I will leave the lights on and Sissy will always meet you with a jump and a kiss. Richard

illinois stories elgin/cottrell house.

8 comments:

Lottie said...

Wow! What a most wonderful tour! Your house is beautiful! Found the video on Youtube at the following link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjaTPTl-bE0&list=PL6BE78A8FE666F5C6

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Thanks, Lottie, for posting the link. I had been unable to find it. Lovely tour.

Unknown said...

Long time lurker here. The video tour really helped put your house into perspective. The restoration looks fantastic and I admire your hard work and determination. Your knowledge of history and antiques is impressive. Oh, and that's one cute little pup you have! - Kat

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Richard! That was wonderful! Thanks for telling us about that. I added it to my favorites and trust me I will be watching it all the time. I always look at the Victorian Homes magazine with your house in it so now I have this to look at also. Yay!
Have a great rest of your weekend. Gina

Anne said...

Beautiful home Richard. Thanks for the link to watch. :)

Anyes K. Busby - Studio Vignette Fine Art said...

Hello Richard,
It's been a while since I've dropped in, but I'm always in awe of you and your home. The youtube video tour was absolutely wonderful to watch. Well done!, You are a natural in front of the camera.
Anyes
xx

Curtains in My Tree said...


I watched it twice, loved it

You know I'm still waiting on that jump & kiss from Sissy LOL she is such a calm dog

Divine Theatre said...

Gracie and I are going to look for your video now! That way, we will be familiar when we come to visit!
How is my darling Sissy and her equally darling Daddy? Well, I hope.

xo

Kisses to Sissy!

Andie