Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Wonderful, Wonderful, GIFT!!!!!



Today, May 6th, 2015 was a very special day. The reason ? I got a beautiful gift from  a very dear friend. Last week, I got a phone call from a good friend, Joanne Barnes, she said she wanted to come visit and she was bringing me a present. I said, it is not my Birthday, Christmas or anything. She said it was just something she wanted to give me.
   I first meet Joanne Barnes in 1972. I was doing my student teaching, my final act before graduation at college. I had studied art and Joanne's Husband, Melvin, was an local art teacher and I was assigned to him and his art class for a few weeks to do this teaching.
 Melvin has since passed, but Joanne and I have remained friends. Melvin and Joanne were very good to me, I  had a good easy time student teaching and I got a good grade. They had me to there home, which was lovely and they liked and collected antiques. Joanne and I both liked pink and pink roses.    






Joanne has always collected, " Pink Luster." She has hundreds of pieces. I never got into it, until now! People call this Pink Luster, because of the pink boarder that has a high luster. It comes in many patterns, but Joanne and I have always liked the pink rose pattern. I have owned a lot of pieces, but I always sold them. One day recently, I asked Joanne if she still collected it? She said not so much, as she has so much. I said I never did, but somehow wish I had. I guess that is where she got the ideal to share these pieces with me.





Well I had to wait a week to find out what my present was. But today, Joanne came bringing a very big box. My eyes about popped out of my head when I saw what was inside.  We just kept unpacking wonderful pieces after wonderful pieces. I thought the best place for them was in a hutch in the library.
This is the cabinet before the luster. I moved a few books and even dusted the shelves Yahhhhhh






I have some other pink things in the library. I have the famous DOLL HOUSE, that is very pink. I also have a very old china doll, with a pink dress. It was also a gift from a friend. And my pride and joy. A French Automaton with a pink dress.  So the pink luster seemed like the next pink to add here.



  Now----- I have the best reason in the world to collect pink Luster with Roses. I need to fill this baby up. Time to go shopping. Come by anytime for a tour. I will always leave the lights on and buddy will be glad to see ya. I'd say with a kiss, but he's a little selfish with them. I hardly every get any.




10 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Richard, what a nice thoughtful gift. I know those mean a lot to you. Isn't it fun to get new (old) stuff and play with where you're going to put it all? It looks just great in your wonderful Library!
Good hearing from you, take care.
Gina

janice15 said...

Its simply beautiful. I would love the Roses as well. The Library hutch is perfect they look wonderful there. Such a glorious gift. Thank you for sharing them with love Janice

Unknown said...

Oh Richard, what a lovely gift and a wonderful friend too! Looks great on the bookshelf, now about that dollhouse, when are you going to show us the inside? OOH how I love doll houses, please do share soon or maybe you have in the past? Have a great week, you and Buddy both!
Teresa
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Susan said...

Hello Richard....The china is lovely. Really, really lovely.

What a sweet and thoughtful gesture on the part of your friend.

Your dollhouse is a DAZZLER. Susan

Deanna said...

Hello Richard. Sweet friend. Beautiful dishes and dolls!!! The Doll House is my cup of tea. Like it a lot.
Blessings to you,
d

Maria said...

ABSOLUTELY, Positively Georgeous...Pink luster is beautiful! thanks for sharing. Maria Love that Pink!

Unknown said...

Richard,
I went through your archives and found the dollhouse - wonderful transformation! Love that you painted it pink and the Dresden cornices are marvelous :-)
Teresa
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

BeachGypsy said...

How was your labor day? Are ya doing okay? Hope you post something soon....missing your pretty pictures!

laixinjie said...

ABSOLUTELY, Positively Georgeous...Pink luster is beautiful! thanks for sharing. Maria Love that Pink!custom sequin pillow

petvet said...

I wanted to say Appreciate providing these details, youre doing a great job with the site...
I am just commenting to let you know of the perfect experience my wife's princess encountered studying your web site.


Read More: German shepherd husky mix